G-Boy Rev III - DIY Portable Kit
The G-BOY Holiday Collection is here - These cases will only be available for a limited time!
The ingenuity to take not only the power but the library of a home console on the go is what makes the G-Boy truly revolutionary. Designed by veteran console portablizer Gman, this kit is every hobbyist’s dream come true.
- 3D Printed G-Boy Case (Includes all required screws, 3D printed parts, and battery contacts)
- 3.5" LCD VGA Display
- RVL PMS (Includes RGB LED PCB, Light Pipe and Thermistor)
- USB-C Charging & USB PCB (Includes SD to USB adapter)
- GC+ v2.0 Controller PCBs (Includes front and shoulder button controller boards and 2x analog sticks)
- Digital Audio Amp PCB
- Heatsink and Blower Fan (Includes copper cooling plate)
- The kit DOES NOT include a console, ABXY buttons & Dpad (Buy NDSL ones), micro SD card, or 18650 lithium-ion cells! Those are the only non-included required parts.
- Fully portable home console
- RVL PMS gives battery charging/protection, system regulators, and battery level indication
- USB-C Power Delivery Charging
- Internal USB storage accessible over the USB-C cable
- Audio Amplifier using digital audio for speakers and headphones
Check out the G-Boy Everything You Need To Know Video!
Recommended Tools to complete your G-Boy
- Soldering iron with good temperature control like the Hakko FX-888D or Weller WE1010NA
- Hot Air station can be helpful like the 858D or Quick 861DW
- Rotary cutting tool like the Dremel 100
- X-acto knife
- Wire cutters and Wire strippers
- Various screw drivers: Flat head, Phillips head, Y-driver
Other Materials Recommended
- Wire: 32awg wrapping wire, 34awg magnet wire, and 22awg multi-stranded wire
- Solder: Kester SN63PB37 .5mm
- Flux: Kester 951 No-clean liquid flux
This is a DIY kit that requires soldering and dremeling. BitBuilt is not liable for any parts damaged after assembly has begun.